Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Finals

I am sadly, still grounded. On the bright side of it all, I just submitted my last final. As far as I know it's my last final of my school-days, that is of course unless I decide to pursue a Masters degree (ugh).

I don't mean to bore you, but I am going to mention the weather for a second. It's cloudy...and rainy...and just plain gray out. While it may have been conducive to my studying, it makes me think of one of my favorite sunny day flying trip. Although I know as time goes on I will probably label every experience as one of my favorites, this by far, truly was. I had a great friend along and never were we short on laughs.

Our journey took us to northern California, where we were airport hopping from place to place. We landed first in Quincy and were surprised to find out we landed in the middle of a father's day fly in. I like to think we surprised all the dad's there as the two of us girls hopped cheerily out of the plane - but then again, I probably think way too highly of myself as a girl and a pilot. :) Back to Quincy - it is by far high on my list. Its like one of those storybook towns that you see on the page and wish you could jump into but never could. Whenever I'm there (and it could be just me) I feel like I'm in one of those storybook towns - green grass, barns, and small towns. Although Quincy boasts a 5,000 person population - it definitely gives off a small town feel, being as it is secluded in a gorgeous valley.


View from above Quincy.







We walked into town (probably a quarter mile) for some good breakfast from the Morning Thunder cafe, walked back to the airport and took off on our way to a new place! We had decided on landing at the airport right next to Lake Almanor, known as Rogers, and located right outside the city of Chester. We didn't go to town, and although the airport was definitely in a nice place, I didn't find too much exciting about it. Maybe if I had brought a boat and a water ski I would have enjoyed it more? That's probably it...


Lake Almanor

Shortly after we landed, off we were again. This time we wanted to try out Trinity Center, and ever since that day, I've wanted to go back! The view getting in was gorgeous, we followed the long end of the lake in as we descended down for a landing, all along the way I couldn't take in enough of the view. I wish I had taken more photos, but at the same time, the lack of many photos makes me want to cherish the memories all the more. If I was given the choice of flying to any airport today, I would say Trinity. Here's why:











We tried hiking into town for some lunch, but we really only found a couple of buildings that could make up a town - a place to grab a lunch (not even really a restaurant), and a small convenience store. That's it. I don't know if we walked right on by or if that's what they considered the city center, but somehow I think we missed it! We did have a burger and fries, and then trekked back to the plane for our journey home. We were a little slow getting off the ground (obviously ate too much...), but we eventually made it home. The rest of the trip felt uneventful, but that's probably because the bar had been raised so high.

To sunny days,
Up in the Air

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers